The Budweiser Clydesdales' second visit to downtown Howell, Father's Day 2009. The Budweiser Clydesdales were formally introduced on April 7,1933, to celebrate the repeal of Prohibition for beer. August A. Busch Jr. and Adolphus Busch III. presented a hitch of horses to their father to celebrate the day. To their father’s delight, the hitch thundered down Pestalozzi Street carrying the first case of post-Prohibition beer from the St. Louis brewery.